1. Bamboo is highly absorbent, absorbing up to three times its weight in water, clearly distinguishing it.
2. Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic and ideal for sensitive skin. Bamboo fibre is naturally smooth and round without chemical treatment,
meaning there are no sharp spurs or harsh chemicals which may irritate the skin.
3. Bamboo has excellent natural antibacterial and deodorising properties, therefore if left damp will not start to smell, unlike cotton, etc.
4. Bamboo is an environmentally friendly resource.
5. It grows incredibly rapidly and, unlike cotton, thrives without the use of harmful chemical pesticides.
6. Bamboo does not require large amounts of water and will grow in dry conditions. It regenerates naturally, does not need replanting, has
excellent soil retention properties and helps to prevent soil erosion.
7. Bamboo fabric can be 100% biodegraded in soil by microorganisms and sunlight. The decomposition process does not cause any pollution
in the environment.
Production Process of Luvme Bamboo:
1. The Bamboo trees are cut to the distance between bamboo joints
2. The taller bamboo tress are cut into shorter but still equal lengths
3. The bamboo is then put into a stainless high pressure steam tank to cook for 1-3 hours to remove lignin and pectin. 4. Then a plant
enzyme is added to soak the bamboo for about 2~3 hours
4. The next step is that it is sprayed with water by 80~90℃
5. The pectin, fat and sugar can be removed so the bamboo will be softer and thicker
To download our Why Bamboo fact sheet click here